Coffee Table Ray Trace

So my next step was to add the coffee table to the scene in Blender. This time, I could use the scene and lighting already set-up, so this was much faster. I had to learn how to create a glass material inside Blender, and after experimenting myself, and my glass turning out a black colour, I realised I needed to research this.

table sm

I found a very useful tutorial from Easy Blender Tutorials which I followed to create a much more realistic glass.

table 2 sm

This had a lot of noise, so I experimented with different rendering, changing the sampling, and noise reduction. The Laptop I am using keeps crashing when I try to render using the GPU (which I later found out is down to my object being too high poly to render on the GPU), and there is little I can do to fix this, so I had to render using the CPU which took hours to get a noise-free render, but it worked eventually.

table 3 sm

The glass in this final render looks dark, but it is due to the reflection and refraction of the dark floor below. I’m unsure how to improve this, I will seek advice in the group on Facebook, and in the next workshop.