Gumroad?

In my original proposal, I mentioned that I would look into the possibility of sharing my assets with the community on Gumroad or a similar platform, but after looking into them, and much consideration, I have decided not to during this project. I have looked extensively at Gumroad and Turbosquid in particular as well as others.

I find Gumroad to be very poorly designed, and difficult to navigate. It is very difficult to find what you are looking for through the site navigation, with the only way to pull up results you are looking for being googling what you’re looking for with ‘Gumroad’ in the search also. I don’t think that the site is very user friendly, and it is a site I don’t really want to link my work with.

I liked Turbosquid much more, and it was much easier to navigate. It seems to be a much more accessible and user friendly site, and the assets available cover a huge variety of areas. I do not want to share my assets yet, as I feel as though I have not had enough time to look around at other sharing sites enough, and I would like more time to work out where I would like to share my creations. Turbosquid is definitely a site I would consider using in the future.

Although I will not be sharing my assets with the community as part of this project, it is something I plan to decide on in the future, and Turbosquid is a definite contender.